Tips for faster and better spring cleaning
The winter is almost over and it comes the time for you to prepare your house for the upcoming warmer months of the year. The best way to do that of course is to set aside the next free weekend for a thorough, exhausting and eventually very rewarding spring cleaning.
The benefits of spring cleaning
We think that the reasons why you should not skip the spring cleaning are quite evident. When done properly it makes your entire house a much healthier place. You will have the chance to put away your winter clothes, de-clutter and of course get rid of all the trash that has been piled up on the property during the last several months.
How to do it quicker and better
The only real problem with spring cleaning is that it is a rather strenuous task that requires much energy and time. However, if you follow the tips described below you are not going to have a problem. Those have been tested numerous times on the field by trained cleaners who know what is best in every situation.
- There are several tasks that need not be forgotten when handling a spring cleaning. One of those is carefully cleaning the carpets and upholstery at your home. Dirt, body oil and various kinds of germs are more than likely to be deeply embedded in the fabrics of your sofas and chairs and you need to get them out. Shampooing and gently scrubbing the upholstery should be enough for general refreshment. If there are some more stubborn stains, you might need to use a special stain removal detergent that you can find in every store. Do not forget to open the windows to speed up the drying process.
- Washing the walls is another thing to take care of. The easiest way to remove dust and dirt accumulated on the walls is by using a sponge and some light dishwashing soap.
- When vacuuming you should not forget to move the furniture around so that you can clean the areas occupied by the pieces in question.
- The best way to improve the quality of the air in your home is to carefully clean ceiling fixtures and all vents from the dust and dirt that has been accumulated on them.
- Windows is not something people like washing and they usually tend to skip it, but your spring cleaning might be a good enough reason to actually get it done.
- The spring cleaning is also a good time to refinish the wooden floors at your home. First you should determine the method – sanding or screening – which depends on the general condition of the old finish. Before you start you should carefully clean the wood using a specially designed liquid hardwood floor cleaner. You should not forget to get an aspirator to remove any harmful fumes from the chemicals used too. Polyurethane floor finish is probably your best bet in terms of supplies used for the process of refinishing your hardwood floors.